Booking Information for seeing Dr Coombes
At the time of your first consultation you should bring:
- A referral from your general practitioner or referring physician. This enables you to be seen by the appropriate specialist to treat your health needs as well as receiving a higher rebate from Medicare.
- Medicare and private health fund information
- A list of all medications your are currently taking, whether prescription, over the counter, herbal or fish oil.
- A list of any known drug allergies
- All relevant x-rays, reports and test results. Ideally email or fax these prior to the appointment so I can peruse and analyse them. On arrival, or on booking, please give all your results and letters to my staff for scanning. Do not hide these, I like to see them well prior.
If you have an urgent urological requirement, ask your GP to organise all tests and results to be sent to Dr Coombes. With high PSAs or second opinions, this information will allow us to fast-track your appointment. There may be tests which need to be done before your first consultation, my staff can advise about this once we see your referral details : this can save time and your money. If your condition is outside the range of my sub-specialisation we can advise which suitable urologist is best tailored to your needs.
Dr Coombes almost always runs on time, so new patients should arrive 10 minutes before the appointment time to complete registration, follow up patients should arrive 5 minutes before the time of the appointment. Rarely there may be delays, but we try to alert patients in these uncommon circumstances. Please do not turn up late - we do try to run exactly on time, and it is quite disrespectful to other (subsequent) patients for you to delay them. Patients and partners should avoid wearing perfumes - please be considerate of those staff or other patients who may have sensitivities or reactions to these products. Likewise please do not chew gum, and please set your phone to silent for the consultation. Audible SMS tones and ring tones are most distracting and almost always completely unnecessary to be heard.
If you have any queries or concerns, please do not hesitate to call our staff who will be happy to answer any questions you may have.
The staff of Dr Graham Coombes's surgery respect and uphold the rights of all our patients to privacy protection under the National Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988. The National Privacy Principles apply to us from their introduction on 21 December 2001. The Privacy Principles set the standards by which personal information is collected, handled, used and disclosed. As part of providing a quality health care service, we need to take and maintain information of a personal nature in your medical file and we will not release the contents of your medical file without your consent. The only exception is where notifiable diseases ( especially cancer) are analysed by NSW Cancer Council whereby patients may be contacted by them for statistical purposes and invitations to participate in patterns of care studies.
Download our New Patient Information form, and bring the completed information to your first appointment. Download
These links may be useful in your further reading about your urologic problem. Please note that these are links to external websites, and thus the content is not created, and not necessarily endorsed by Dr Coombes.
- Prostate Cancer Foundation of Australia - Local information and support groups
- Australian prostate cancer collaboration - Good general information on current practice and research directions in prostate cancer, as well as support groups
- Sydney Men's Health Physiotherapy - management of chronic pelvic pain syndromes
- Mater Hospital Sydney - urological surgery including robotic surgery.
- North Shore Private Hospital - urological and robotic surgery.
- Concord Repatriation General Hospital - Public Hospital urology department and patient information.
- The Urological Society of Australia and New Zealand - position statements from the national urologic body
- Mater Radiotherapy Associates - Urological and prostate brachytherapy / radiotherapy